In 1877, Peter H. Ballantine of the well known Newark-based beer brewery family, built a country estate in what is now a campus for GlaxoSmithKline in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey. The barn was built as a grand carriage house and stables with a spectacular, vaulted hay wing. By the late 20th century the barn had fallen into disrepair. GSK was committed to preserving the significant icon in the community. The barn was designed to serve as a showpiece of historic preservation on the exterior and a cutting-edge Training Facility and International Broadcasting Center on the interior. Eclectic Architecture’s design provides various sized meeting spaces as well as space for large gatherings. The original carriage house door was adapted for the new main entrance with a new steel and glass vestibule behind reproduction barn doors. The old stables serve as support to the training center with the toilet stalls in the location of the original horse stalls. An elevator was introduced within the western wing directly beneath the existing cupola in order to conceal the elevator tower.